2020 Graduate and Professional Student Research Award
- Awards up to $1,000 will be given to support graduate and professional student research completed during the 2020-2021 academic calendar year**
- Awards can be used for travel which directly supports your research, the purchase(s) of equipment, supplies and additional items connected to the general success of your research. Funding request can consists of any combination thereof. (PLEASE NOTE: Travel to present your research will not be supported by this award).
- An independent panel of graduate and professional students will initially vet award applications. The GPSC Fee Allocation Board and the GPSC Research Award Selection Committee will select the 2020 GPSC Research Award winners.
Applications accepted NOW through Sunday, April 19th, 2020 at MIDNIGHT
- Applicants MUST submit a 1-2 page proposal through the online application form which summarizes the project and specifies how the research award will contribute to their overall research. **Research should be directly related to the applicants master’s research project, thesis, and/or dissertation.
- Applicants MUST submit an itemized budget report through the online application form which details how they will use the requested funds. **Supplemental materials that prove these estimated expenses may also be submitted.
- Applicants MUST have a faculty member in their department write a thoughtful letter of support, ideally explaining why this research is vital to their education. Submit this letter through the online application form. **Faculty members may also request that this document be emailed directly to the GPSC Research Award Selection Committee Chair.
- Applicants MUST submit ALL attachments in PDF format through the online application form.
- ALL awarded funds will be mailed in the form of a check to the recipient. NO FUNDS will be transferred to a department or a faculty member by GPSC.
- ALL required documentation WILL ONLY be accepted electronically through the online application form. INCOMPLETE SUBMISSIONS will result in the application NOT being considered for review by the GPSC Research Award Selection Committee.
If you have questions, please contact GPSC at email@example.com or the GPSC Research Award Selection Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
***Applicants must be enrolled graduate or professional students in the SIUC system (including the Law School & Medical School) when the supported research is completed***