Each academic unit shall have one voting representative for every 50 (or part thereof) graduate or professional students registered during the fall semester of the current academic year.
- A verification of departmental student numbers must be provided to the GPSC at the beginning of each fall semester.
- For full membership guidelines please see the GPSC Constitution.
All unit voting representatives shall be designated as the official representative from an academic unit as follows:
- If a unit student organization exists, a letter from the student president of the unit student organization.
- If not, signatures of 10 students (or 20% of total, if the total is less than 50 then rounded to lowest whole number) from the respective unit.
GPSC also has five at-large seats for representatives not affiliated with a department. An individual shall be designated as an at-large representative as follows:
- present a petition signed by 20 unclassified graduate students (containing the student’s name, signature, and e-mail), at or prior to the first meeting attended.
Click Here for Membership Application.